Seraphim Dance Academy, LLC. reserves the right to refuse service to anyone so long as they do not fall into one of the protected classes of people covered under federal anti-discrimination laws. These classes include race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, citizenship, familial status, disability, veteran status, and sexual orientation.
* Leave personal items only in the dressing area. There is ample space for your belongings to be safely stowed. No bags or coats are allowed on the dance floor as they may become a tripping hazard to dancers. Seraphim Dance Academy is not responsible for any personal belongings.
* No street shoes are allowed on the studio floor, outside dirt can damage the surface of our floor. Please bring your dance shoes separately to change into when you arrive.
* No food, drink, or chewing gum during class or during breaks.
* Hair must be worn up at all times.
* Comfortable, movable clothes are to be worn. Please refer to below for more specifics per class.
Ballet - Pink tights, black leotard, ballet slippers, and hair must be worn in a bun.
Silks - Comfortable, non-slippery, non-baggy clothing.
HipHop - Sweatpants and tennis shoes
All other styles - Comfortable athletic wear
* Hair must be worn up and out of the face.
* You are participating at your own risk and it is your responsibility to consult your physician to confirm your fitness capabilities before beginning any dance lessons. A doctors’ note may be required to begin a class if you have special physical concerns, or to return to activity after an absence from class due to injury, illness, or during pregnancy. Always make your teacher aware of any physical limitations or concerns that you may have.
Arrival and Attendance:
* Class will start promptly at the designated time. Arriving a bit earlier to change your shoes and prepare yourself for class is suggested.
* Arriving late to class can be disruptive to other students, distracting to the focus of a learning atmosphere and difficult on the groups’ progression in learning. If you arrive later than 15 minutes past the start time of class, it is up to your teachers’ discretion as to whether or not you will be allowed to join the class on the floor, or be required to only observe.
* Notifying us of missing a class, or if you are running late is an appropriate courtesy. Please call the studio to notify us that you will be running late.
* No Cell phones allowed on the floor. Please make sure cell phones are turned to a non-disruptive ringing mode during class. If you must take a call during class, you may excuse your self to make your phone call. If for any reason you need to leave the premises during a group class, please notify your teacher.
Registration, Withdrawals or Class Changes:
* Initial Registration should occur prior to the start of class. You will be required to fill out pertinent documentation and make payment before attending any classes. Classes are non-transferable and non-refundable. Missed classed are not pro-rated. Make up classes for your absences are provided.
* Should there be any cancellation or changes to your regularly scheduled class time, we will do everything possible to notify you via phone and email contact information that you have provided to us. Additionally, all class changes and cancellations will be posted on our website at seraphimdanceacademy.com or through our Facebook page. If you choose to withdrawal from Seraphim Dance Academy at any time ALL payments made to or due to, including but not limited to costumes, competition fees, convention fees and recital fees, are final sales and WILL NOT be returned/refunded.
Payments, Discounts, Refunds and Credits:
* We accept cash, check and all major credit cards. A $30 bounced check fee will be charged for all returned checks. Initial down payments for first-time dance courses must be made anytime prior to the start of the dance course.
* Full payment must be made no later than the first day of the dance course session.
* Existing dance course students should be prepared to pay for the next session of their dance course on the last class of the finishing session, but no later than the first class of the new session.
* Family discounts are given to those who have a family member attending the same, or any dance course at the studio. The term “family member” is defined as a spouse, child, or sibling.
* Toll Road discount is given to those who use a toll road to get to the studio. Please provide proof of troll to receive discount.
Refunds and Credits:
* Classes will not be pro-rated for your absences planned or unplanned. Credits may be issued under limited circumstances. No refunds, all sales are final.
* Private lessons are by appointment only.
* Private lessons are non-transferable and are provided only to the intended student. Additional students may not join a private lesson. We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. If more than 24 hours notice is given, we will do everything possible to reschedule your lesson in a timely manner.
* Seraphim Dance Academy follows the following schools for closures:
Aurora Public Schools
Cherry Creek School District
Douglas County Schools
What Parents Should Know:
* Parents may bring children to their classes no earlier than 15 minutes prior to their class time. If there is a class in session on the floor, we ask you to please wait with your children until 5 minutes before class time.
* Please make sure small children have had a bathroom break before class, as this helps eliminate the need for “emergency” bathroom breaks during class.
* We want to ensure that all children are safe at our studio and when we are busy teaching on the floor, we cannot babysit your children who are not currently on the floor with us. Parents should, under no circumstances, drop their children off or leave their children unattended as they wait for their class to start. Seraphim Dance Academy teachers cannot take any responsibility for children who are not on the floor in their class.
* If you are running late to pick up your child, please call us as soon as possible. This will help us ease a child’s concerns and make arrangements for them to wait for you.
* Dress for children should be comfortable for movement but not sweatpants, sportswear or athletic wear.
* We expect children to be well behaved and respectful during class to fellow classmates.
* Payment for all children’s classes is due at the first of the month.
* If you need to speak with your child’s teacher regarding any aspect of your child’s dancing, please make an appointment. Our teachers have very full schedules while they are teaching at the studio, so unexpected conversations can be difficult to accommodate. We will be happy to give you our undivided attention via phone call or personal meeting at a time that is scheduled specifically for you.
* Children will be given ample time for refreshment breaks during class. Please do not send food and soda for them, water is the best refresher during physical activity and no food or drinks will be allowed on the floor.
* In case of emergency, it is imperative that parents make sure that the contact information we have on file is up to date and accurate.
* If your child has any illness, injury or special needs, it is vital that you notify the teacher so that we can monitor a child specifically during class.